( Do It Yourself? )
Pro's & Con's
*Cost- It is important, when you start to build your own
Food Insurance. When you begin to look at what it is going to cost you. Doing it yourself, can save you money if you know what you are doing and if it is done properly.
- The down side that most people forget to factor in is one of our most valuable assets as human beings. Time, unless you have access to the type of equipment you will need, and some one that is willing to teach you the process. You will waste a great amount of thisValuable Asset in your preparations.
- Another factor which needs to be considered, when taking on this kind of project is the food itself. In most cases, the do it yourself person will use Dry-Cannedstorage. This is when, raw materials often grains such as Wheat, Barley, Beans or other important life sustaining parts of our diet are put into a sealed can, in their raw form with a moisture packet. It is effective, and can last up to 20 years while still retaining its original nutritional content.
- The big problem with this is simple, how many of you have used these foods in their raw form on a regular basis? We would bet that for the most part. You and your family have never sat down. Opened up a can of raw grains such as above, and processed them, prepared them, or would even know where to start!
- The biggest concern with these types of preparations, although any preparation is better than none is digestion. If you and your family, have not eaten these types of products in their raw form on a regular basis, when the time comes. You will not get great reviews on that night's dinner. You will also, see the people around you making frequent trips to the bathroom and most of you will not feel very good at all. The fact is, that we as a society are used to eating processed foods. Most of us have long lost the ability of those before us, to live off the land and utilize its natural bounty.
-When it comes right down to it the biggest Pro of doing it yourself, money. It is alot like our recent real-estate bubble. You think your good to go, and then it POPs!
-We are by no means telling you not to try and do it yourself, and will be adding different methods to do so. As well as listings, the types of items you should have for different kits in a time of need.
-We would just like to point out, that those bulky cans of food are not easy to prepare, and a huge burden to move and access. We have talked to, and met people. Who have moved almost a years worth of this type of food storage across country, and then back again! Needless to say, no one involved in the process enjoyed it!
- So, when it comes time to start. Really think about your options and the Pro's and Con's of each method, before you begin your journey to Safe and Secure. If along the way you have any need for assistance, or a question POPs up. Please do not hesitate, to HOP BACK to us for any help. Our staff will as always do it's best, too keep you informed and on your way to getting you and your family Prepared.